Malin Baltzar, Stena Recycling, is head of the "Sustainable Business" department and is passionate about resource optimization, design for recycling and circular economy. Malin works with customers according to the "Stena Resource Management" method, which creates environmental benefits and new customer values in a sustainable way. We asked her for some solid advice for sustainable resource management in the manufacturing industry. Please enjoy!
- Think ahead. The decisions you make in the purchasing process affect what becomes waste and how much it will be – Consult a recycling expert to help make the right decision.
- Waste is a resource. Have the correct attitude about residues – Someone’s waste is another’s resources.
- Optimize your waste logistics. Minimize the movement of material. Do not waste energy moving your waste within the factory.
- Do not mix material. Proper handling of residual material is to sort and optimize for recycling directly at the source (the fall location).
- Correct equipment. Remember to have the right equipment, containers that fit the site and clear signs to simplify the recycling.
- Keep track of statistics. Through a complete recovery statistics you can get a complete picture and can find and follow up on improvements.
- Increase demand. Use more recycled raw materials in your own production. It increases the market and you contribute to smarter resource utilization and a circular society.
- Be sustainable together. Through dialogue with a knowledgeable recycling partner, you will understand the entire process so that material flow can be optimized throughout the entire value chain - waste is reduced and may become new resources. Together, you make better decisions.